Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

It's a new year, we all make resolutions which one never really keeps but at least we give it our best effort for a month or so. A few years ago I got off this merry go round as I did not like setting myself up to fail. Now yes I do say this year I am going to do this or that but it is usually something that needs to get done. Last year was the year to purge, finish projects and clear out the clutter. This was done with the help of an organizer. Sometimes one needs to ask for help and that's okay. Also my quilting friends kept me in line to finish off my projects, although I keep adding to that pile. As for this year I have made goals not resolutions. This years goal is to have a Millennium and frame in the house .For those that don't sew it's a kick ass Long arm machine. Now the plan is to teach and put that income aside , get another part time job. Okay I know adding to my already crazy schedule but I sent out a resume to do census for Revenue Canada and that job one can set there own hours. You see to make my goal means I have to put about a thousand dollars aside each month for the whole year. We will also be making cutbacks in other areas so that I can bank more. So this year I will also try to sell some of my quilts, use more of my stash and spend less. Ambitious goal I know.

Friendship Quilt
Blocks made by friends quilt design mine
 You see I have a plan which has been set into place. This plan happened because Rod and I kept telling JD to do what he loved. A job is not a job if you love what you are doing. When giving advise one should follow ones own advise. So for the next year I shall be taking classes from some wonderful teachers from all over Canada and the United States. I will also be asking my friends if I can quilt their quilts so that one can practice what one is learning. Muscle memory is important. And the scariest thing is to start using my computer to design quilts so that one can start selling one's patterns and designs. Long term Plan make this crazy hobby or rather addiction  start paying for it's self. So giving JD advice also made me look at my life and ask was I living it to my fullest. Was I my best self and the answer was getting there, work in progress. Now step it up and live. Thinking I have been watching to much Oprah. So question of the day are you living your fullest life ? If the answer is no then what's your plan ?  Now to go see what the kids are doing, get JD out the door, pour myself a coffee and get on with my day. Hope your day is full of fun and laughs. I know mine will be cause kids can be so funny.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you !! And Good Luck with your plans, I hope you achieve all of them. I am always telling my kids as well, that life is too short to not love what you are doing!! Follow your dreams!

    ReplyDelete