Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Crazy

Three days and counting down. The house is done, baking finished, gifts wrapped so now it's onto the house work. I swear we make more work for ourselves. The joy of the Holidays, spending way to much, eating, drinking and playing way to much. Everything in excess. As a quilter I make even more work for myself cause well you want to make that special gift for your family and friends. Sorry guys but I  did not go crazy. Okay let me rephrase that. 25 tea towels made and already given away, 50 little bags made and most have been given away, two quilts done and given, two table runners , two wall hangings have also been sent. And that is what I did in the last two months.
Now got smart and told a friend no I would not make her mother in law a quilt so she came and sewed for a night and then booked a long arm quilter as I said no again. Happy dance for me for standing up and realizing that I could not do everything. Sometimes we have to learn to take a look at our schedules and rethink what can be done and will be done.
Today I am working on a quilt that is due on the 8th of January. The blocks where all finished in the spring early summer. Scheduling issues NOT just like most of us left it to the last minute now in panic mode and look still not doing it cause I am Blogging. Evil laugh. Goal today is lay the blocks out and figure out the best way to showcase these amazing blocks. And well the ladies that graced me with such a gift I don't want to let them down so will try and showcase each block to its best. May be under the gun but will not let time get in the way.  
That is what I plan to be doing this week in my spare time. Now my wonderful husband also booked us a couple of days at the Banff Springs so we will be escaping between the Christmas holidays and New Years. He has been traveling so much he though it would be nice to recharge. Okay I know he has been staying in hotels most of this month but he wants to spend time with me. No distractions, kids or dog.  So today thinking will head to the Cat's Pajama's and buy something special after work.
Now that I have killed an hour guess I should get back to work. Wish me luck. Mind you in 15 minutes have to go and pick up kids as they only have half a day off. Got to love my schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment